Use FileMaker Pro to transfer database files to FileMaker Server. If a database uses container fields that store data externally, FileMaker Pro also uploads the externally stored data.
To upload files to an Ottomatic Instance:
- Choose File menu > Sharing > Upload to Host.
- In the left pane, click Show next to the type of host you want displayed in the list.
- In the list, choose the host you want to upload files to.
- Enter your account information, which was sent to you in the welcome email. Then click Sign In.
- Select the files you want to upload.
- For each file, look in the Status column. If FileMaker Pro detects a problem with a file, it updates the status for that file and clears the checkbox. Confirm that all the files you want to upload are selected.
- If you want the files to be available on the host for clients to use immediately, select Automatically open files (on server) after upload.
- Click Upload. When the upload is completed, FileMaker Pro updates the status for each file to indicate whether the upload was successful.
- To open an uploaded file in FileMaker Pro, select Open with FileMaker Pro for the file. Then click Done. FileMaker Pro opens each selected file. The filename and the host name appear in the window’s title bar.
For more information on Uploading Files to a FileMaker Server, see: https://help.claris.com/en/pro-help/content/uploading-to-server.html